Disclaimer: DFWHealthLINE.org is not responsible for the content or accuracy of the postings and does not conduct any inquiries or monitor the listings.
Full-time non-tenure track Assistant Professor, 12-month position. Sam Houston State University library and the new College of Osteopathic of Medicine seek a dynamic individual to fill this new librarian position. This librarian will be an active faculty member of the integrated, collaborative founding cohort at our new medical school. The librarian will provide a wide range of professional reference, research, and instructional services to meet the teaching, learning, and research needs of students and faculty of the College of Osteopathic Medicine. The Medical Librarian:
• Works with students, faculty, staff and other library users in locating and interpreting library resources in medical subject areas.
• Serves actively as faculty in Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) curricula
• Prepares materials to facilitate access to collections including bibliographic guides, handouts, web-based tutorials, and additional educational content and research support.
• Provides formal and informal bibliographic instruction and/or research assistance, to groups and individuals as needed or as assigned.
• Serves as the bibliographer for collection development supporting the College of Osteopathic Medicine and recommends materials for purchase/subscription.
• Serves as an active and integrated faculty member in the College of Osteopathic Medicine—while having the resources of the SHSU Library and other faculty librarians for support.
Salary commensurate with experience and education. $60,000 minimum for 12-months.
Note that while this position is currently located in Huntsville, TX it will permanently move to Conroe, TX the site of the new medical school facility scheduled for occupancy in early 2020.
Sam Houston State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Plan Employer and Smoke/Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Sam Houston State University is an “at will” employer. Security sensitive positions at SHSU require background checks in accordance with Education Code 51.215