Disclaimer: DFWHealthLINE.org is not responsible for the content or accuracy of the postings and does not conduct any inquiries or monitor the listings.
*NOTE: We have converted our Resource Sharing Specialist position to full time with benefits including insurance and participation in a retirement plan. Please email Maria Wences Sosa from Human Resources (MWSosa@Parker.edu)
TITLE: RESOURCE SHARING SPECIALIST
JOB OBJECTIVES: Responsible for administrating and implementing the interlibrary borrowing and lending program for Parker University. Includes article retrieval and statistics, bibliographic instruction, and instructional workshops to Library users.
HOURS: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: Director of Library Services
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO WHOM: Student Workers
EDUCATION/EXPERTISE: Bachelor’s or associate degree with formal training in library studies; three years’ experience preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Good communication skills; good hearing and vision; dexterity; ability to reach six- (6) ft. will reach book on shelves; ambulatory; ability to lift at least twelve (12) lbs.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS/ETC.: Ability to do detailed work accurately, to work effectively as part of a team, and to respond flexibly and creatively to a changing environment. Knowledge of PCs and Windows and ability to work in a networked environment required. Experience using an integrated library automation system preferred. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Familiar with OCLC (Online Computer Library Center) and WorldCat, to locate and place requests.
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain Interlibrary Loan requests and statistics using OCLC (Online Computer Library Center) and WorldCat. Route incoming and outgoing Library resources.
· Maintain organization of the journal collection; perform audits for journal claims and acquire copies of missing journals; prepare journals for bindery as needed; place RFID tags on resources. Process and enter journals into the SirsiDynix online catalog system.
· Explain rudimentary research to patrons and provide literature search and document delivery services for students and faculty as needed.
· Assistance to patrons with library resources including the online Library catalog, electronic journals, and databases.
· Identify Library outreach opportunities.
· Provide database and resource instruction as needed to Parker students and faculty. Update instructional handouts as needed.
· Maintain incoming and outgoing mail.